Author Topic: come on seahawks  (Read 1117 times)

Gazoo

• View Profile
Re: come on seahawks
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32:11 AM »
The interesting thing in the NFC is although you might think it is wide open, you have 3 solid, playoff-experience teams with good coaching - GB, SF, Atl. 
Since 2010 the Falcons are 0-2 the 49ers 1-1 and the Seahawks 1-1 in the playoffs .

Should be interesting to see how Kaepernick and Wilson handle the playoff pressure.
Will Mike Smith finally win a playoff game ?

Dolfan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
Will Mike Smith finally win a playoff game ?

The Falcons will win their 1st playoff game.  They'll have the week off, a home game against one of the lessor foes & are hungry for that win for Smith & Ryan.  The championship game will be a whole different story when they will likely face the winner of the 49er/Packer game.

jordanjacob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »
The interesting thing in the NFC is although you might think it is wide open, you have 3 solid, playoff-experience teams with good coaching - GB, SF, Atl.  And in the AFC you have the same - NE, Den & Bal.

How far will the defenses take these teams or will it be the QBs who dominate?  And if the Bears get in, which side do they fit into?

SF isn't as good as you think they are

Dolfan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 10:43:41 PM »
SF isn't as good as you think they are

It depends.  If you mean they're not reliable, I agree.  One week they look like world beaters & the next week they just look beaten.  The Patriot game is a microcosm - looked unbeatable the 1st 1/2 and then just fall apart the 2nd 1/2 but still win.  Plus they're young QB makes them very susceptible.

Bottom line is any of those 3 teams who play up to their capability would be in the Super Bowl.

jordanjacob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »
It depends.  If you mean they're not reliable, I agree.  One week they look like world beaters & the next week they just look beaten.  The Patriot game is a microcosm - looked unbeatable the 1st 1/2 and then just fall apart the 2nd 1/2 but still win.  Plus they're young QB makes them very susceptible.

Bottom line is any of those 3 teams who play up to their capability would be in the Super Bowl.

their QB is not ready to get them that trophy this year

pezz97

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »
their QB is not ready to get them that trophy this year
he has played one bad game. Last week at a place that Tom Brady, and Arron Rodgers lost this year.  I won't hold that against him. They weren't going to win with Alex Smith.  Not having Justin Smith could be their biggest problem, not their QB.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:11:30 PM by pezz97 »

jordanjacob

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »
he has played one bad game. Last week at a place that Tom Brady, and Arron Rodgers lost this year.  I won't hold that against him. They weren't going to win with Alex Smith.  Not having Justin Smith could be their biggest problem, not their QB.

Pezz,

I respect you lots but it's more than Smith. Davis had a concussion last week and while he's not 100% I expect him to play this weekend. Mannigham is on IR and that hurts them. Randy Moss is no longer the great Randy Moss.

People think since they beat New England they are great but New England is flawed defensively and they lost to Arizona this year while barely beating the Jets, Buffalo, Miami and Jacksonville. New England is 11 - 4 but they had 9 cupcakes on their schedule. Two games each vs. Buffalo, Miami and the Jets plus Arizona, the Lambs and Jacksonville. Why not play Long Beach High School?

If SF has to have to have their QB win the game I think they are in trouble. No great team loses like they did last week although they were in the game until the opening kick off.

They need that division title much more than Seattle. Seattle is hot and doesn't have the injury issues.

SF has the talent but when things don't go their way they implode, look how they folded their tent vs. Seattle last week and the Giants earlier this year not to mention Chicago. And to add something else in, they also lost to the Lambs.

Atlanta, Seattle and Green Bay are much more dangerous teams, especially at home. San Francisco desperately needs home field as long as they can go. 

pezz97

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »
Pezz,

I respect you lots but it's more than Smith. Davis had a concussion last week and while he's not 100% I expect him to play this weekend. Mannigham is on IR and that hurts them. Randy Moss is no longer the great Randy Moss.

People think since they beat New England they are great but New England is flawed defensively and they lost to Arizona this year while barely beating the Jets, Buffalo, Miami and Jacksonville. New England is 11 - 4 but they had 9 cupcakes on their schedule. Two games each vs. Buffalo, Miami and the Jets plus Arizona, the Lambs and Jacksonville. Why not play Long Beach High School?

If SF has to have to have their QB win the game I think they are in trouble. No great team loses like they did last week although they were in the game until the opening kick off.

They need that division title much more than Seattle. Seattle is hot and doesn't have the injury issues.

SF has the talent but when things don't go their way they implode, look how they folded their tent vs. Seattle last week and the Giants earlier this year not to mention Chicago. And to add something else in, they also lost to the Lambs.

Atlanta, Seattle and Green Bay are much more dangerous teams, especially at home. San Francisco desperately needs home field as long as they can go.
against what is considered one of the best defense's in the bears. Capernick proceeded to put 30 on them and didn't punt till the 3rd quarter. They have won at Green Bay already, the Giants aren't making the playoffs, so who do they have to worry about? Themselves. Without Smith, the last 6 quarters, their D has given up 76 points, that is there biggest concern and he has a torn Bicep so I doubt he plays again. There are no Dominant teams this year and San Fran does not have to go to Seattle again

Seattle is going to have to go to Washington, IMo, and they will not get by RG111 In round one

Seattle needs a miracle to ever host a playoff game. On the road for the whole journey which I think will be one game

Cmon Seattle lost to Miami on the road, Now they are world beaters??? Please!!! Shit they lost to Arizona. They are one and done.

The final 4 will be the 4 division winners in the NFC. The wild card teams have no chance. I think the same in the AFC.

And I Still think San Fran is the best in the NFC
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:32:33 PM by pezz97 »

Gazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »
Seattle is going to have to go to Washington, IMo, and they will not get by RG111 In round one
I wouldn't be so sure about that !!

Washington better worry about making the playoffs first.

Imo , Dallas or Washington have zero shot against Seattle in the first round.

jordanjacob

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
Pezz,

I respectfully disagree with you on Seattle and SF.

No way SF gets by either GB or Atlanta on the road in the shape they're in.

cashman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »
Atlanta will be lucky to win 1 playoff game.

Dolfan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »
Pezz & JJ,

This is great NFL conversation.  You both need to keep in mind that virtually every team loses to a cupcake along the way. 

JJ, just as you made a case against NE, they are the only team in the league that did not lose a single game by more than 1 score.  Their early season losses to Bal, Az & Sea were all blown leads.  And 2 of those games were decided by FG kicks on the last play.  They pounded Houston, Denver, & Indy, all playoff teams.  I don't see how you can point to strength of schedule & not start with Denver who lost to NE, Hou & Atl.  Denver is 10-0 vs. teams with losing records.

Pezz, I understand JJs case against Kaepernick, a first year player.  They tend to be unreliable in their early playoff career.  But you're right about Justin Smith.  SF seems to have many strong defensive players but their depth is not there.  And you are giving Washington too much credit.  They lucked out to get passed a poor Philly team last week while Dallas faced an improved NO team who lit up their defense.  RGIII is in the same boat as Kaepernick & I think Dallas will win in DC Sunday.

Gazoo, you have fallen in love with a great home team who has to prove they can win on the road + a coach who doesn't win playoff games + a rookie QB who hasn't shown that he can light it up.

Cashman, I think Atlanta will be very ready for at least one playoff win.  Allot of talent & plenty of leadership too.

RocknRoll

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
Seattle on the road this year...

Loss 20-16 Arizona

Loss 19-13 St Louis

Win 16-12 Carolina

Loss 13-6 San Fran

Loss 28-24 Detroit

Loss 24-21 Miami

Win 23-17 ot Chicago

The game against Buffalo "on the road" doesn't even count, since it was played at a neutral site. So basically 2-5 on the road, losing to 4 teams that aren't close to making the playoffs. And they shouldn't have beat the Bears, the Bears gave that game away.

Gazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 12:16:02 AM »

Seattle on the road this year...

Loss 20-16 Arizona  - and the very next week Arz beat New England @NE

Loss 19-13 St Louis - St Louis beat San Fran  and Washington at home

Win 16-12 Carolina -  beat Washington , Atlanta, New Orleans at home

Loss 13-6 San Fran - lost on the road to Seattle ,Minnesota,St Louis

Loss 28-24 Detroit - scored with 20 seconds left to beat Seattle

Loss 24-21 Miami - I really don't think Miami is that bad but they did score 17 points in the last 8 min of the game to get the win.

Win 23-17 ot Chicago - For a rookie QB to take his team 97yrds  with 24 seconds left to take the lead on the road ain't too shabby.

How can you say the game against Buffalo wasn't a road game ? they played in Toronto, Ontario , i doubt if many Seattle fans drove 37hrs to the game.

Playing on the road won't be the reason Seattle gets beat in the playoffs it will be Wilson if anything .(unless its in GB then i give them no shot)

NIATROSS

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2012, 06:30:43 AM »
when the packers win this weekend and secure the #2 seed i think they will win the nfc and play for it all in the super bowl
yes this is homer mike the packer fan talking here  rflmao1

but let's be real here who has played thru more injuries this year than the pack ?
the extra week off will help those who are still hurt
the packers defense is good enuff to keep them in any game
the offense has never really been stopped imo  the coach has made some conservative calls over the season to get ready for the playoffs
the pack have already won in atlanta in the past so that will not be a problem
imo the biggest test is this week because if they lose to the vikes they have to turn right around and play them again
which is not a good thing

GO PACKERS !

Big Dee's Tack and Vet Supply