In The Sulky Forum

General Category => General Harness Racing Discussion => Topic started by: The Skipper on October 14, 2014, 09:52:03 AM

Title: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: The Skipper on October 14, 2014, 09:52:03 AM

R.I.P. , Redman  redrose
http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/templates/article.aspx?articleid=61402&zoneid=1
Title: Re: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: beans and weenies on October 14, 2014, 10:09:29 AM
Our friend and neighbor in Ohio.  Broke some homebeds for him.  Our brother in law is his nephew.  Last I talked to him was last year at Delaware fairgrounds. . He had some great stories to tell that should've been in a book.  Or maybe not  ;)   We had a good visit.  RIP Bob.  and Condolences to his family.
Title: Re: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: pope of vegas on October 14, 2014, 12:48:08 PM
   Bob was a great guy. I know because I worked for him in the late 70s. Always took care of his grooms. Could really team one back in the day.
   When I worked for him,he let me have one of my one horses in the barn. He even let me keep him at his farm and swim him when we were stabled there one winter. I learned a lot from him and Al Bernard(second trainer).
  Thanks for ALL the memories, horsemanship, and having faith in me. I'm Sure Stan Banks just turned to Darryl Busse and said, Look whose late for post-parade. And he's driving "Willie" in the Invite.
   R.I.P. Redman. redrose

MY condolences to Viv and Karen.
Title: Re: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: The Skipper on October 14, 2014, 04:13:21 PM
   Bob was a great guy. I know because I worked for him in the late 70s. Always took care of his grooms. Could really team one back in the day.
   When I worked for him,he let me have one of my one horses in the barn. He even let me keep him at his farm and swim him when we were stabled there one winter. I learned a lot from him and Al Bernard(second trainer).
  Thanks for ALL the memories, horsemanship, and having faith in me. I'm Sure Stan Banks just turned to Darryl Busse and said, Look whose late for post-parade. And he's driving "Willie" in the Invite.
   R.I.P. Redman. redrose

MY condolences to Viv and Karen.

Where did the time go Pope ? Busse was a good friend of mine, yes he was a wild man but I'm not perfect and he was a lot of fun, Banks had the biggest meat hooks I ever saw on a human, I don't even know if anyone is left that raced with them 3 in their heyday, well maybe Butch and the Willis brothers. Time flies, enjoy life while you can.
Title: Re: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: tonyb147 on October 14, 2014, 06:13:00 PM
RIP Mr Farrington   redrose
Title: Re: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: pope of vegas on October 14, 2014, 08:09:18 PM
Where did the time go Pope ? Busse was a good friend of mine, yes he was a wild man but I'm not perfect and he was a lot of fun, Banks had the biggest meat hooks I ever saw on a human, I don't even know if anyone is left that raced with them 3 in their heyday, well maybe Butch and the Willis brothers. Time flies, enjoy life while you can.

  Lots of memories of all the drivers from the 70s. Time seems to have passed me by. Its Scary when the guys you liked and hung out with are gone. Those were the Golden days in Ill.
Title: Re: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: careless hal on October 14, 2014, 10:22:53 PM
RIP Bob.  First saw him drive in 1963 at Washington Park.  He could drive rings around most of the drivers.  Was also one of the early catch drivers.  When he was put on a horse the odds usually dropped like a rock.  In those days trainers mostly drove their own horses.  His old  farm in Illinois is near where I now live.  (Home of the famous Rambling Willie)   redrose redrose redrose
Title: Re: Hall of Famer Bob Farrington, 85, dies
Post by: LVGaryD on October 15, 2014, 01:38:36 PM
Very sad to hear of Bob's passing. He was one of the greats.  bowdown redrose